Many people try to do SEO on their own, however it is a skill and it is very much necessary to hone the skill before stepping into a project. It is possible that if you do SEO on your own and do not know the difference between spammy SEO and ethical SEO your site will not show up on any of the search engines. It is also extremely important to build the website with the correct keywords that your customers will search for. With so many SEO firms out there, you can’t complain that you have little choice because there are tons of firms that offer Search Engine Optimization Services.
It is far from the truth to say that there are few reliable SEO companies. It is much better if you gain knowledge and have a substantial knowledge of SEO and can easily decide if they promise you the world or their goals are realistic. Here is a detailed list with some points to watch for when choosing a SEO company:
• Do They Promise To Guarantee #1 Rankings? If they do, you have a serious reason to doubt their company. No one can guarantee a #1 ranking in Google. This is true even for not so competitive words. Google is the only company that decides where you rank.
• Get Recommendations From Workers, Friends, Business Partners- Word of mouth is very important for the credibility of a company.
• Ask SEO Forums. There are many reputable Web master forums, so if you can’t find somebody who can recommend you a SEO company right away, consider asking in Web master forums. However, beware that not all forum posters are honest people, so take their opinion (no matter if positive or negative) with a grain of salt. Forums are not such a reliable source of information as in-person contact.
• Google, Yahoo and Bing the Company name. If the company is fraudulent , chances are that you will find a great deal of information about it on the Web. However lack of negative reviews does not mean automatically that the company is great, nor do some subjective negative opinions mean that the company is a bad company.
• Ask For Examples Of Sites They Have Optimized. This is in my opinion the most important question. Happy customers are the best form of promotion, so feel free to ask your potential SEO company about sites they have optimized and references from clients. If you get a rejection because of confidentiality reasons, this should cause a major alarm about the credibility of the SEO company – former customers are not supposed to be a secret.
• Check The PR Of Their Own Site. If they can’t optimize their site well enough to get a good Page Rank of at least a 3 they are not worth hiring.
• Find out What Keywords Their Site Ranks High For. If they don’t rank well for the keywords of their choice, they are hardly as professional as they pretend to be.
• Do They Use Automated Submissions? If they do, stay away from them. Automated submissions can get you banned from search engines.
• Does their SEO Company Use Any Black Hat Spammy SEO Tactics? You need to know in advance what black hat SEO is in order to judge them, so getting familiar with the most important black hat SEO tricks is beneficial before you go and start cross-examining them.
• Where Do They acquire Links From? Links are the most important step for SEO success but if they come from spammy websites you will be in trouble. Make sure the SEO firm collects links from reputable sites only.
• Higher Price Does Not Guarantee Better Results. If you are eager to pay more, this does not mean that you will get more. Just because a Search Engine Optimization Firm charges more does not make them better at SEO. There are many reasons for high prices and high quality is only one of them. For instance, the company might be located in New York City – an area that office space is very expensive.
• Cheap SEO. This is also true. If you think you can pay next to nothing for a professional SEO Services you are mistaken. Professional SEO companies offer realistic prices. Cheap SEO in my opinion is SEO that gets your company a high ROI.
• Do they offer long term service? SEO is a constant process and if you want to rank high across all the search engines its necessary to link build at least 4 times per year. It is best to select a company that includes SEO maintenance and will work with you for the long run.
• Do they make you sign a contract? We feel that SEO Companies should not require a long term contract.
We tried to mention some of the most important issues in selecting a SEO company. Of course, there are many other factors to consider and each case is different, so give it some thought, before you hire a SEO company. Prime Growth Marketing is a SEO Company that gets our clients results. Your Success Is Our Business. The Only Way For Us To Be Successful Is For You, Our Clients, To Meet or Exceed their ROI Goals & Build Stronger Relationships With Your Customers.